Funerals with Twentymans
For the majority of people throughout history, the simple act of gathering together following a death has had a major positive impact on healing.
Our packages are designed for you to come together in support of each other, and celebrate the life of a loved one.
Contact us for a quote or to talk through how we can design a service to suit your needs and budget.
Our funeral fees
Pricelist as of 1 April 2022
Price Increase – Important message
Twentymans is very conscious of the socio-economic status of the area with more people residing here over the age of 65 than any other region in New Zealand.
Recent and on-going price increases have prompted Twentymans to review their current costings, in some cases the first increases since 2013 [mileage costs] or 2019 [cremation costs]. Unfortunately, we have to increase our charges to cover costs associated with Covid-19, rising inflation, fuel cost, vehicle costs, increased rates, insurance, and wages.
Weekends, public holidays are most problematical areas and our new charges reflect on a user pays basis to cover after hours call outs and weekends/public holidays.
Please if you have any questions/comments do not hesitate to speak to our knowledgeable staff who will endeavour to explain the costings to you.
As always Twentymans, as they have for over 150 years, will attend to your family needs day or night, rain, hail or shine with the best possible service delivery we are able to provide under the prevailing conditions.
Funeral accounts generally involve three parts; Professional Fee, Casket, and Disbursements.
Full Professional Service fee – $3730
Our professional fee includes the following services:
- Meeting with the family and taking instructions
- Care and treatment of your loved one whilst in our funeral home, including washing and dressing
Arranging the service including:
- Liaising with the Minister or Celebrant, Organist, Piper, Bugler, Videographers etc
- Organising a venue, church or outdoor area
- Collating and designing service sheets
- Booking the Cemetery or Crematorium
- Providing the correct authorities with the Medical Certificate, Cremation Certificates and Burial applications, registering the death with BDM
- Organising newspaper notices
- Use of vehicles such as hearses
This fee also covers overheads such as building lease, rates, insurance, health and safety, vehicles, power, IT, staff training and much more. It also allows us to have our staff available 24 hour a day.
In line with current business practice, a deposit of $2000 will now be charged on all funerals other than direct cremations.
Alternative Professional Service Fee Options
Partial Professional Service Fee: $2700.00
Embalming, casketing, registration of death, use of Twentymans funeral home facilities.
Memorial Service Professional Fee at Grahamstown Chapel: $1130.00
Memorial Service Professional Fee held elsewhere: POA
Our casket prices range from $495.00 for a basic cremation casket to $4995.00 for a solid timber casket. The average cost is around $975.00, please see a sample of the range we have to offer below.
Grosvenor Rimu Casket
Status Rimu Casket
Status Rosewood Casket
Akaroa Pine Casket
Status Maori Carved Casket
Recycled Native Timber Casket
These are fees that are paid on your behalf. They are charged at cost with no mark up.
- Newspaper notices in NZ Herald (other Newspapers similar cost) – price on application
- Minister fees: $150.00 – $300.00
- Celebrant fees: $250.00 – $500.00
- Venue hire: $150.00 – 200.00
- Bagpiper, Organist etc: $100.00 – $200.00
- Cremation Fee – Thames Valley Crematory: $750.00
- Florist and Catering: Please refer to our list of local service partners for options
Care and preparation options (Embalming)
If the family wish to view their loved one, then Twentymans recommend embalming.
The cost of embalming is:
- Standard Case: $795
- Post Mortem Case: $950
Should the family not wish to view then Twentymans are able to hold your loved one in a climate controlled environment. These costs are as follows:
• Care overnight (including 2 hours of viewing): $85
• Care for up to 5 days (includes basic hygenic care, dressing and casketing and no viewings): $517.50
In addition to normal travel, conveyance to churches for Rosary is $175.00
Release a flock of white Homing Pigeons, includes transport of pigeons to Thames.
Release in Thames: $150.00
Release at offsite location: POA
Extra Charges and After Hours Fees
Currently our normal office hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm. Outside of these hours incur additional after hours charges.
Our After Hours charges are as follows:
- Call out fees on nights, weekends, and public holidays (including removal from a private residence): $95.00
- Weekend (Saturday) Funeral: $175.00 Twentymans do not conduct funerals on Sundays
- Public Holiday Funeral Service: $250.00
- After hours viewings (after 5pm or during weekends): $95.00 (1 hour per viewing)
- After hours viewings on/during a public holiday: $250.00 (1 hour per viewing)
$2.10 per km
$115 set up fee and $2.30 each (including one photo change).
Family receives a proof sheet by email to check spelling etc. Each subsequent change will incur a $50 charge per change. When service sheets are required to be produced within 24 hours of a service start time, they will incur an extra $115 charge.
We recommend 45 – 50 photos with one piece of music.
45 – 50 Photos plus Music: $125.00
50 – 75 Photos plus Music: $230.00
Please note 75 photos is the maximum and 2 – 3 pieces of music will be required.
Additional copies of service: $25.00 each
We also offer
2 hours with Funeral Director in attendance and complimentary digital recording of service
Offsite location including Live Streaming from
Funeral Service at Grahamstown Chapel, Thames