Direct Cremations at Twentymans
Twentymans provides professional, simple cremation services to the Coromandel and Thames Valley area that meet the individual needs of each family.
Modern equipment and technology ensures Twentymans provides the latest fully computerised cremation services which meet all the air discharge regulations and bylaws of the TCDC and Waikato District Council.
Our Jewellery Policy:
We do not cremate jewellery. Any jewellery worn by your loved one is removed prior to cremation and returned to family.
The direct cremation fee includes:
- The professional fee
- Cremation tray or cremation casket
- Cremation fee (Thames)
- All paperwork and death registration
- 2 hours consecutive viewing time (within 24 hours after the death) at our Twentymans Thames premises, depending on the condition of the deceased. Appointments are essential. In some circumstances, a waiver will need to be signed.
- A deposit required of $700 on all direct cremations.
Direct Cremation within 15kms of Thames: $2950.00
Direct Cremation requiring transfer from Whangamata, Tairua, Whitianga, Waihi, Paeroa,
Ngatea and Coromandel: $3195.00
Direct Cremation requiring transfer from North of Coromandel or Waikato Hospital: $3295.00
Outside all of these areas: $2950.00 plus mileage
* Additional mileage may apply, according to roading conditions.
- Preparation of the unembalmed deceased for viewing: $115.00
- Viewing of the charge with a maximum of 15 people: $150.00
- Bariatric Cremation (cases weighing more than 136kg): POA
* Out of district Doctors fee for medical paperwork may apply for direct cremations.
The management of Thames Valley Crematory are required to ensure a safe cremation takes place, a casket will be checked prior for possible flammable or hazardous materials – alcohol / batteries / garden spades, forks or other garden implements / hardhats or crash helmets / lighters / medical appliances including pacemakers / metal based products / motorcycle leathers / pitch / polystyrene foams / any rubber, plastic or PVC based products / any electronic equipment, such as but not limited to cellphones, radios, computers / any explosive material, such as ammunition, any glass or bottles of liquid / sawdust / wetsuits or surfboards / aerosols or any flammable containers / jewellery / sheepskin / footwear containing rubber.